- Ordering a “special meal” on a flight means you get better food and get it quicker.
- There are big mountains (that have snow on them now) about an hour from Madrid.
- You can get to these mountains using public transportation.
- You can also get to a lot of really small towns on public transportation. Including one with Don Quixote-esque windmills.
- Fauvism (the artistic movement between Impressionism and Cubism) is really pretty.
- Especially Mattise’s watercolors from Southern France.
- The Real Jardín Botanico doesn’t look very pretty in the winter, but it does have a great green house full of cactus.