- Ruben Darío wrote a short story about Don Quixote.
- The Apple Store in Plaza del Sol was previously a favorite cafe/bar of modernist writers.
- At this cafe, writer Ramon del Valle-Inclán once got in a fight that eventually led to his left hand being amputated. At some point after, when asked about how he felt about losing his hand, he replied “Eh, I write with my right hand.”
- The oldest, still standing, structure in Madrid is a door next to a church where cloistered nuns sell cookies.
- Some medium/long distance busses have tvs on the back of the seats like in airplanes.
- Fra Angelico painted two versions of La Anunciación which show his development as a painter, and the development of perspective in paintings.
- The Sierra de Guadarrama mountains are always beautiful.