- There are Roman ruins in Spain.
- The ruins of the amphitheater are in remarkably good shape, and still used for performances today.
- The city of Cáceres was named for the goddess of cereals “Ceres.”
- There are a lot of cows (and sheep) in Extremadura.
- A German artist named Wolf Volker founded a modern art museum in Malpartida, Extremadura, which is the same area where a section of the upcoming season of Game of Thrones was filmed.
- Norwegian airlines was founded in 2002.
- When Disney movies (at least the classic princess movies) were dubbed in Spanish they rewrote the songs to be in Spanish too.
- Not something I learned, but funny nonetheless: https://vimeo.com/28551506