*I have spent the past 9 days traveling in Italy with a friend from the program*
- Italians walk more slowly than Parisians, but faster than Spaniards.
- Venice doesn’t have Sicilian cannolis. (They have small fried dough shells filled with pastry cream that they call cannoli)
- Bologna has over 40 km of Porticoes.
- They were originally built very quickly, as a way to allow the buildings to expand out over the street. Today, they are nominated as a UNESCO world heritage site, and many of them have intricate paintings or artwork.
- The Duomo in Florence is just as incredible as the pictures make it seem.
- Gusta Pizza in Florence is the best pizza in the world.
- Eating pizza and pasta for 9 days gets tiring…I’m ready for more vegetables.