- Spanish language movies from South America are usually dubbed for viewers in Spain because the “different language” is too difficult to understand.
- Which makes Spaniards wonder why movies from the U.K. aren’t dubbed for Americans.
- Running the length of the muralla in Ávila makes you tired.
- Sopa Castellano or Sopa de Ajo doesn’t taste that much like garlic, sadly.
- Because Spanish food often consists of mushy vegetables, they like the casseroles at a typical American Thanksgiving.
- The traditional pastry from Ávila is a cooked egg yolk with a lot of sugar.
- Epi-Pens are not well understood by people who work in elementary schools here.